Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Very Callie Ko Blog Post

This post is dedicated to my little furry muffin, who turned two last month. Yes, I know her exact birthday. We celebrated with a birthday song, a special fish dinner, new toys and a new collar as is tradition. She even got a special birthday note and a Petco gift card from her favorite uncle!

Happy second birthday Cal! 10-17-13

So, I have to take a post to thank my cat for being my cat. Some folks think I'm overly attached to this little fluffy hermit that eats tuna fish and poops in a box, but I don't think I could live without her. There are so many things I could talk about when it comes to Cal, but a few "thank yous" come to mind. Without further ado Cal, this is to you.

Cal's "You're not sharing that granola" face

Dear Cal-meow,

Thank you for being the first and (typically) last smile of my day. You wake me up by licking my nose, and I smile. You hop on the bed, and snuggle between my knees at night. I'm uncomfortable, but I smile. I love the majority of your silliness and I always laugh at the way you sit in corners. You're a little bit of happiness I didn't know I was missing.

Captured in a quiet moment
Thank you for being one thing I can always count on. At 6:00 am you want breakfast. And like clockwork when I come in from work at 7:00 pm you want dinner. I can always count on you being hungry or wanting to play.

Thank you for tolerating me when I'm lonely and need a snuggle. You protest, but you don't fight me when I just want to hold you. I know that's hard sometimes since you're a cat.

Thank you for inspiring me. I do what I do at work because you inspired me to. I make a case for animals every day because of you. I pick up strays because of you.

Thanks for putting up with Jim. He loves you in his own way. In time he'll start to show it.

Thank you for loving all of the toys I buy you. I love that you're OK with me spoiling you rotten.
Callie Ko- purring

One last thing Cal,

Thanks for purring. Whenever I want to break down, say I quit, or are just so tired I could rage, you always end up purring. You melt my heart with your little throat motor. My mom always called it boiling potatoes, but we all know how you feel about potatoes.

I wish I could freeze time so that you won't grow old and die. I cried on your birthday because it has been such a beautiful and special year with you, and I want it to last forever. I know you won't be with me until I'm old and grey, but in the meantime just do me this one favor- never, EVER stop purring.

I love you, furry muffin.
-Robin 

1 comment:

  1. As the favorite uncle who sent my favorite kitten those presents on her birthday, I can't resist a comment. Who sends a cat a birthday present from 200 miles away for goodness sake!? Well, Callie is a very special cat. She just has more personality than any other cat I've known, sort of takes after her mom in that respect. She seems to remember me when I come to visit and rolls around purring loudly when I pet her in greeting. If I ever have another cat I hope he or she will be just like you, Miss Callie Ko.

    ReplyDelete