Friday, April 4, 2014

Wow it's been a while!

Howdy folks! 

It has been a whirlwind 2013-14 (so far)  for team Macias! Let me recap the past for you.

- In January, I quit my lovely job at CHP. It didn't go badly, there was no drama, we were just going to be moving so I quit working to pack up.

- The very next week, Jim to a different flying job with a whole new company...surprise we are staying in Portland!...?

- I went to Vegas. See my Instagram @mellamorobin for all the shenanigans! 

- After a long few weeks, Jim and I made the decision to move to Klamath Falls, Oregon. It's a quaint little town. So far we have been here a little under a week. I've realized a few things since being here:

1. People can't drive here. It's like they don't realize that gas and oil are precious commodities, so they speed up to slam on their brakes, drive the most exhaust-releasing trucks, and leave their cars running.
2. They have vegetarian options in the grocery stores!!!!! Tofurky anyone??! 
3. It is DRY. Coming from a humid climate to here is really frustrating.

There are some good things we've found. Things like the cupcake bar, the local coffee shop, and a super delicious Chinese restaurant. I'm looking forward to getting to know the area more. 

So I think that's it for our little family. We're happy, healthy and moving forward. 

Blue skies, 
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment