Sunday, January 6, 2013

In With The New

Wow. It has been one heck of a 2013 so far. Here is a quick look at what has gone on.

-We drank tea instead of champagne at midnight on New Year's Holiday.
-We packed up EVERYTHING we own.
-Jim finished his job at Rite Bros. ( Major stress reliever!)
-Cal has now succeeded in stealing dog food from my sister's pooch.
-Not only that, but she is stealing everyone's heart in the Tri-Cities.
-I have drank two pints of beer in the new year so far.
-On Friday we loaded up everything, and drove four and a half hours to Vancouver where we later crashed due to exhaustion at a hotel.
-Just yesterday we got the keys to our new apartment and moved everything in.
-Gotta backtrack. On Thursday, our beloved fish, Felix, crossed over the rainbow bridge. He was 3 years old.
-This morning I took Jim to PDX, where he boarded a plane to Texas. He'll be training there for two weeks, then will be coming back to me to start his cargo job!
-Tomorrow I head in to talk about a prospective job opportunity at a local vet clinic. I really want this place to work out.

My resolutions this year are easy. I want to leave the past in the past, say more "I can"s and less "I can't"s, and to do more yoga. Also I would really love to have a dog by 2014... But we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Well folks, it's my first night without Jim here. I feel weird and slightly scared, but I do have my mom and dad here tonight. They'll be heading home in the morning.

Hello, Vancouver! We made it.

Blue skies,
Robin

Ps, unpacking without Jim is a total not nice word.

2 comments:

  1. I misss youuuuu!!! I'm trying to convince my mom to take me on a vacation to Portland sometime. :D I really want to see you!

    ReplyDelete