Saturday, December 29, 2012

Top 4

Another phone post? Really, I am so tired of typing on my iPhone. Sorry for the spelling and grammatical errors.

I was talking with a friend about my 2012 in review and I couldn't help but blog some of the highlights. I've narrowed it down to 4, but there are so many I wish I could talk about! Oh PS- these aren't in order.

1. Being a 2012 bride.
I picked out my dress in 2011 and spent the first half of 2012 planning the day that would change my life forever. Up until June, I planned my wedding 6 hours from where it was happening, and without Internet. All of my planning was via my phone. Talk about insane!

This picture was from my bridal shoot. I had so much fun that day. At first I felt awkward- I usually do in every shoot- but after a while I felt SO... Foxy. Hah, yeah I said foxy and mean it.

2. Every day spent with my fur-child.
Because no post is ever complete without her, my Callie cat is a highlight. I've never known the love of a cat the way I know Cal's. I truly believe that she is my best friend. I have spent a year being away from the home I know and love. Mr. Macias excluding, Callie is my only friend. We talk to each other, do yoga together, eat together, watch movies and play video games together and snuggle with each other at night.

While we clean up the Port A place and move, Cal is staying with my mom and dad in Richland. I have never cried more than I have in the two days she's not been here with me. I love you, MonsterCat!

3. The big 21. For those who don't know or don't pay attention, I turned 21 this year! I legally drank champagne with my husband at our wedding, found that I can't drink vodka, don't like tequila but love rum and am developing a taste for a good Syrah. Let's grab a drink when we're in PDX, yeah?

4. Being married to the love of my life. Our July wedding was magical, our honeymoon was a silly and fun trip. But what came after the wedding and what is happening now is so important to me. Jim and I are still getting the hang of being married. I'll tell you something though. Nothing beats waking up to his face every morning. Mr. Macias and I have a great relationship together, and it's only the beginning. Here's to many many more!

Happy New Year from the Macias Fam! The next time I post, it will be from our new home in Vancouver!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the year in review Robin! Great blog if I may say so :) may I follow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the follow! Thanks for visiting my little corner of the interweb! :) R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you may follow back :) and I look forward to reading your future posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well since I'm having trouble finding a button on the mobile app to follow it might be a day or two. I LOVED your Christmas movie post- Elf is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the compliment! I think when you're on mobile you have to scroll down to the link where it says desktop version or something. But anyway, have a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete