Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I think I caught a Humbug

It's the holiday season! Christmas is exactly one week away! ...OK...so what? I won't lie, this year I'm a little lacking in the Christmas Spirit. My apartment is less than decorated and I hate to say it but my Christmas shopping is probably halfway done at most. So what has got me in such a bad mood?

To be honest I think it's because we're moving. Most of my days now are spent tackling my massive wardrobe and sorting out what stays for the one week I'll be back in Port Angeles and what goes into boxes. Not only do I have casual clothes but I have scrubs (I worked at a vet clinic) and other work wear to sort. On top of all the clothes is the rest of everything to pack, and the laundry and the dishes and the everything else in our house. What a nightmare!

I'm really having trouble feeling in the least way festive. Even going home to see everyone has lost it's luster because of the weather over the Cascades. I don't know what to do.

Here's my question: What do you to keep yourself jolly during the busy consumer-driven holiday season? Have you ever been through holidays with half of your things in boxes? Please, give me suggestions, tips, ANYTHING! I'll bake you cookies even!

Blue skies,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment