Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Low Post

Here is my "low" post of the week.Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this new adventure. I'm not "busy" but in my own way I sort of am. My low post today is about being lonely and hopeless.

On being lonely-

That's how I feel up here in Port Angeles. I have no friends (really, none) no family other than my husband, and while I have a job I don't really enjoy the company of anyone I work with up here. It leaves a lot of room for feeling lonely, and that is exactly how I feel...all the time. It's exhausting. But what do you do when you're feeling so low that meeting new people seems like it would be even more challenging than being alone? This is the battle. So far in this fight my loneliness has won.

On feeling hopeless-

With loneliness comes another dimension to my peril- hopelessness.I really sound like a teenager with tons of "problems" but this is what I fight with every day. Yesterday, Jim and I were given disappointing news about a potential job in Seattle. While that news may not be true, it left me with a pit in my stomach, like someone had just punched me multiple times. Everything we had been hoping for is in Seattle- School for me, a great job for Jim, family nearby, a better living situation, the possibility of starting a business, the other possibility of rescuing a dag from a shelter...

All that might be gone.

Tell me, how do you fight the despair? How do you know that even on the darkest days the sun in shining? How do you hold onto hope when it's slowly disappearing?

How do you be happy when you spend 3/4 of your time alone?

Blue skies?
R

No comments:

Post a Comment